As a potential cabin owner, you’re going to have lots of questions on your mind if you’ve chosen to acquire as well as rent out cabins to guests in Pigeon Forge and also Gatlinburg. Just how do you discover the ideal real estate agent to aid you in getting your cabin? How much can you potentially make each year in this line of work? This article addresses these important inquiries and provides you with the responses you need to get off on the right foot.
How Much Can You Make?
Working out just how much your cabin can make annually is not a specific science as it depends upon a large variety of variables, such as exactly how large your cabin is, how excellent your cabin’s listing photos are, just how close your cabin is to town as well as the close-by attractions, etc. Property managers can nonetheless give you a pretty decent concept of how much you can expect to make as they’re privy to the finances of lots of various properties.
Below’s a revenue overview from AvadaProperties.com, a property management company for cabins in the Pigeon Forge/Gatlinburg area of the Smoky Mountains. It’s based upon their analysis of hundreds of cabins listed on Airbnb and also Vrbo:
- 1-Bedroom: 60-70k
- 2-Bedrooms: 75-85k
- 3-Bedrooms: 90-100k
- 4-Bedrooms: 110-120k
- 5-Bedrooms: 130-140k
- 6-Bedrooms: 150-170k
How Do You Find the Right Real Estate Agent?
To begin with, the right real estate agent isn’t just any person that has a license. You need somebody that has an excellent amount of experience in this area, and it’s a lot easier to discover a good one if you ask around. The easiest means to locate a great agent is to ask successful property managers for a referral. However, if you wish to do the grunt work, below are a couple of points you need to try to find in a property agent:
- They need to come across as a professional with good vibes.
- It is necessary that your agent has a great deal of experience, so choose someone that has actually completed a great deal of deals throughout the years.
- They ought to have been resident in the city where you want to buy your cabin for a couple of years.
- Select an agent that has actually completed deals in large cities over one that has only sold and bought local cabins. They’ll typically be used to being faster-paced and have even more attention to detail.
What Are the Must-Have Amenities?
The bigger your cabin is, the more features it’ll need because you’ll have even more people staying in it and so you’ll need to ensure they have whatever they require to enjoy their vacation. This means making certain there sufficient beds, enough restrooms, and more. But there are a couple of amenities that, although not totally required, would give you an advantage and also assist you obtain even more bookings if you included them in your deal:
- A hot tub. Your cabin ought to have at the very least one hot tub despite how tiny it is.
- A home entertainment facility so your guests can enjoy themselves inside without needing to leave the cabin. This can be a foosball table, a pool table, an arcade/multicade machine, an air hockey table, a movie theater room (for larger/family cabins), a video gaming console (Playstation or Xbox), or a mix of these.
- An indoor pool for swimming.
- A sauna for sauna baths.
When prospective guests see these listed amongst the features your cabin offers, they’ll seriously think about reserving yours over the competitors.
Below is a good read about exactly how decor and design affects your rental cabin.
All Set to Get Started?
If you’re stoked and all set to get a cabin in Pigeon Forge or Gatlinburg, click here to check out a comprehensive list of questions and also responses regarding property ownership in these areas.